Re: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:07:04 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2004 6:32:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
w9wi@earthlink.net writes:
>>It looks to me like we're talking about more than one thing here.  What
do we want?

- Real-time scoring?
- Instant final results? [1]<<

Why don't we start with getting contest results in 30 days, instead of 9
months like some time to "born" bastard?
Lets post the complete logs on web sites instead of "real time reporting".
This will allow competition to scrutinize the log, unload the log checkers
looking for weird stuff (competitors can do that better).

Real time reporting: Like people are not busy enough during the contest
minding their own operation, they need to see what competitors are doing?
Personally, I want to run like hell and when it is all over, I would like to
see how the others did.
So what, if W3LPL is ahead by 200k points, are you going to step on the gas?
Otherwise you would operate your usual "leisurely" way? Lets get real here.

We need one point for own country QSO in CQ WW, post the logs on the web
after the contest (if you want to be listed in results) and results processed
in
30 or so days, not nine months.

That's IMHO, YMMV.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us