[CQ-Contest] Rotten, Stinking, Cheaters!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rotten, Stinking, Cheaters!
From: K5NZ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:45:43 EST
Amazed, as always, what would cause someone to cheat in a ham radio event?
Either they didn't read the rules, understand the rules, or completely
disregard the rules!

This is what I heard from several multi-ops in SS today.....

1) Guy calls me, when he gives exchange I can hear the other op in the shack
working someone while this guy is trying to stumble out my serial number..he
has to ask someone in room what number to give me.. I ask him what the hell is
going on in there, you loosing control? LOL

Note: At least use a partition so we can't hear the cheating in progress!

2) I call in, once again I can hear the other QSO going on in the shack.. the
op has to call me back after the QSO to "correct" the serial number... lol

And now for the winner.....

3) I'm running and getting ready to SO2R a station I have queued up on
another band..when the same station calls me and I listen to him giving me my
exchange while his buddy is CQ'ing away on the other band..  Funny thing is I
continue to listen after my Q with him and when the other band makes a Q it is
2
serial numbers below what I was given...nice way to pad ahead!

Everyone makes a mistake now and then, but some of this is pretty blatant!

You know, it's not that I really care...we getting some big prize money for
this stuff?  New cars, radios, towers?  Nope...  So cheat away, and glad I
picked up some new tactics for my next multi-op!

And while I'm on a roll... SO2R guys  when you go make a Q on the other
radio, if you can't get back before someone asks QRL twice and then CQ's and
gets
an answer.... you loose the freq! Period!  If you do it to me, as happened
today, I'll stay put for however long it takes.  When it happens to me I just
say
good work to the guy, you can't have it both ways!  It's part of knowing when
to do your SO2R in my book!

let the flames begin!

mike k5nz