Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again

To: Cq-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>,Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
From: Steve Root <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:30:13 +0000
Pete,

I think that it's a great idea for all of us to consider ways to encourage
contest activity or make needed improvements.  At the same time, we need to
be careful about how those changes would affect all of the players.

SS is pretty special the way it is right now.  Especially for a lot of us
who live in the Northern Latitudes.  You wouldn't believe how awful 10
meters (and frequently 15 meters) can be up here.  In an SS 10 meters is
pretty much worthless.  For example, in last year's CW SS  I made 3% of my
QSO's on 10 meters.  And that's with an efficient SAO2R setup. Strategy
comes in to play in figuring out how to find the people you're missing on 10
meters on other bands.  If you can do that, then you can be somewhat
competitive.  That's part of SS that makes it a great contest.

Good luck to everybody this weekend!

73 Steve K0SR