Re: [CQ-Contest] online score board

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] online score board
From: Pat N8VW <n8vw@linuxcolumbus.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:55:38 -0500
On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:53:02PM -0500, k0luz@topsusa.com wrote:
> Interesting start Pat.
>
> It is my hope the eventually the posting will be within the software and if
> configured,  it will send the info without interrupting the normal routines
> of the operator,  but this is a start.

Yes, but it is to late in the game for this to happen.  You can do it if
you know how to program and can read your own software data files to
extract the score information.

> Maybe for now,  the categories are sufficient because you want to see how
> much activity it receives,  but it would be nice if it tracked single bands
> and maybe even assisted categories too.  Then make it so that someone could
> configure their window so that they can choose combinations (maybe single op
> plus multi two for example).  Also might be interesting to have a time last
> posted field (automatically assigned) to gauge how current the score is.
> Also radio buttons that have titles "accurate" and "just kidding" <grin>
> Is that enough work for this afternoon?

I've setup the leaderboards for the major categories (so,ms,md,mm,sb).
They are also available separately on individual pages.

examples:

http://scoreboard.oqp.us/leaderboard/so for single-op scores.
http://scoreboard.oqp.us/leaderboard/so/sb/10 for 10m single band.

Hopefully, you see the pattern.

Well. Turkey day intervenes with all this fun and then tomorrow is travel
day down to NQ4I's.  Will be manning the 160 station for Rick so look
forward to hearing everybody in the pile-ups.

Pat N8VW