Re: [CQ-Contest] Zone 27

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Zone 27
From: dennis o'connor <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:25:32 -0800
Hmmm... My own naivete got me on this one... I contest for fun, not blood... It turned out that I didn't even get back to the office until this morning (Monday) to read the replies; being that I do not have any form of Internet or packet radio in the shack, or even on the property for that matter...

Since I found a half dozen flamers questioning my ethics, in the email this morning over my idle question, I decided to do a bit of internet snooping - which I would have done on my own if I were looking for a way to cheat - It took a mere 0.27 seconds to find multiple sources listing the contesters who advertised they were looking for Q's in zone 27 during CQWW CW 2004... Doh!!!!

Now, the quandry: It turns out I worked AH2R an hour earlier than the fading signal I asked about! (which was likely them again) Now, being that I have asked in public (instead of quietly going to Google) there would be the appearance, to those who care enough to look, that I received assistance in working them... So, I feel obligated to remove that contact from my log, dropping one country and one zone in the process...

Now the question: How do I inform the CQ contest committee, or mark the log, that I removed the Q so that AH2R is not penalized for a UBN?

Cheers anyway,

K8DO