Re: [CQ-Contest] INRAD Roofing filter impressions after CQ WWCW contest

To: 4x1ad <4x1ad@iarc.org>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] INRAD Roofing filter impressions after CQ WWCW contest
From: Gary Sutcliffe <w9xt@unifiedmicro.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:14:33 -0600

At 10:02 AM 11/29/2004, 4x1ad wrote:
I would appreciate any feedback from operators in CQ WW CW contest for the INRAD roofing filter installed on FT-1000MP & Mark V.

I bought one at Dayton, and finally got around to putting it into my MP a couple of weeks ago.

I used it for a few hours in SS phone, and for extended periods in CQWW CW this last weekend.

This is one of those things were you don't really notice the improvement easily without having the proper test equipment to measure it. Nearby strong signals that caused problems before won't cause problems now, but you won't know the strong signal is there in the first place if the filter is doing its job.

My subjective feeling is that I had much less trouble with adjacent strong signals than in the past, especially on the low bands. Published test data I have seen supports that.

My FT1000MP is full of INRAD filters. They make great stuff. If I ever get another FT1000xx the roofing filter will be one of the first upgrades I get for it.

73 - Gary

Gary Sutcliffe W9XT Unified Microsystems w9xt@unifiedmicro.com www.unifiedmicro.com