Re: [CQ-Contest] Factors Affecting Scoring

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Factors Affecting Scoring
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:58:52 EST
In a message dated 11/29/2004 8:37:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
radiosporting@yahoo.com writes:

Factors affecting scoring are (if someone hasn't figured it out yet :-)

Biggest, baddest, most efficient antenna system. Able to transmit the big
signal everywhere, able to selectively receive from different direction (for
best
S/N/QRM ratio)

Two (3, 4 ..) best, baddest rig setups with effective controls. (Or one
DRone)
Spare setup idling by, wired in for quick switchover.

For single OP - one sharp, fast, smart, enduring operator, who knows the
bands, propagation and can split his personality between the rigs.

To get the better picture, one can study results of past contests and
records, check what the winners are using, and learn, learn, learn, rather than
bitch, bitch, bitch about unfair categories.

Oh and you have to be nuts to sit 48 hrs in a chair and five-nine-something
at no end and then wait 9 months for the birth of the results. We do, and we
love every minute of it (especially when condx suck :-)

>>Your input may be used to create a "contest for the 21st Century".<<

There is one already, just needs promotion and participation.
check
http://www.computeradio.us/TeslaCup.htm
any constructive comments, suggestions or trophy sponsors?

Yuri, K3BU.us