Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Here we go again

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RE: Here we go again
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:10:08 EST
In a message dated 12/1/2004 9:04:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
W2RU@frontiernet.net writes:
>>And don't give me the same tired old baloney about how you can get the full
listings on the web.  Web data has the permanence of snow in Florida.
There's nothing like opening up a good ol' "hard copy" magazine and seeing your
call
in print -- even when it's for a measly four or five QSOs.  I know -- I've
been there a lot.<<

Amen!
Maybe time to stay away from one run (strike) and "save" ARRL even mo'mony by
not having to write about the "crummy" contests at all? Don't you guys enjoy
picture of the tribander on a parking lot instead?

Don't you guys love to look through 1950 something contest result listings
and see how you started, way down on the bottom? I do, especially if there was
picture of that young, lean, mean, contest nut.

In the ARRL "wisdom", maybe we should put everything on the web or hard drive
and then have it crash and wipe out the history of the mankind :-)(

Yuri, K3BU.us