Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R on the same band

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R on the same band
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:13:06 +0000
NE0P asked:

Is there any sort of device that will allow you to
hook up 2 radios to do dual receive on the same band?
I know that is simple enough, but the big problem
would be to mute the one receiver when you transmit on
the second radio.  I am not real interested in doing
this for contesting, but instead for Dxing, where I
could listen to both the DX station and the call
frequency at the same time.  There are some dual
receive radios that will do this, but suppose I want
to use 2 non-dual-receive radios.

Take the receive antenna output jack of one, split it, then feed that back into the receive antenna input of that rig & the receive antenna input of the other rig.

If the first rig doesn't have a receive antenna output
jack, it's easy to add.

With this, second rig only sees the antenna when the
first rig is in receive - basically half of what is done
in a multi-multi to have two operating positions on
one band.

73, VR2BrettGraham