Re: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation - Murphy comes Calling

To: BDaniels01@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation - Murphy comes Calling
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:43:12 -0800
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:08:24 EST, BDaniels01@aol.com wrote:

>I was using MMTTY
>running in contest mode for logging.  That's when "Murphy" struck

Sorry you lost the Q's Bob, a real bummer.

If I may offer a suggestion:  Don't use MMTTY alone as a contest
program.  MMTTY's contest functionality was added as an easy way to
allow people to try out RTTY contesting, not as a way to do it
seriously.  If you're doing 300+ Q's per contest, you qualify as
'serious'.

There is an excellent (and free) contest program called N1MM Logger
which logs every contact to your hard drive as soon as it's made.
Even if the power goes off you won't lose a single Q.  I tested it and
it works.  It also uses the MMTTY program for decoding, so having that
already installed saves you a step.

N1MM Logger is available from http://www.n1mm.com/

See you on the air!

--