Re: [CQ-Contest] HST

To: "Jim Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] HST
From: Chris Pedder <chris@g3vbl.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:27:27 +0000
At 18:24 21/12/2004, Jim Cain wrote:
>Yes. I believe most number of QSO's. Was KV4AA.

It was KV4AA for number of QSOs in a single calendar year. I remember writing this news story in the early 1990s and if I remember correctly it was for 1976, when Spenceley used the "Bicentennial call sign" AJ3AA. It was a little over 40,000 QSOs.

I tried the Guinness (limited) on-line database but didn't turn anything up.

Jim Cain, K1TN

For some unknown reason I have a 1986 Guiness Book of Records to hand: ______________________________________________________________________________

Most assiduous Radio Ham

Richard C. Spenceley (d. 30 July 1982) of KV4AA at St Thomas, Virgin Islands built his contacts (QSO's) to a record level of 48,100 in 365 days in 1978.