Re: [CQ-Contest] TS850 fan operation

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TS850 fan operation
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:52:41 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <N1PGA@aol.com>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 9:24 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS850 fan operation

I need some help remembering what the cooling fan duty cycle should be on the TS-850..

I've just put my TS850 back into service and I'm noticing that the cooling fan comes on everytime the rig is keyed up in SSB mode, which doesnt seem right to me.

I don't seem to recall that the fan was always on, but that it cycled on/off, as needed.

What is it supposed to be doing?

The fan comes on whenever the rig is in transmit mode.

If thermistor TH1 in the final unit gets warm, the fan will also run in the receive mode.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL Yuma, AZ