Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful

To: jukka.klemola@nokia.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful
From: "Harri M. Mantila OH6YF" <harry@oh6yf.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 04:51:14 +0200
Hi all!

I was too at PJ9W!

PJ9W / PJ9A set some record that will stay for a long time for
any expedition type operation:
160m full size GP + beverages.
80m full size 3 el yagi at decent height + some other ant + beves.
40m 4 over 4 + a 4el on another tower.
20m plural towers
15m 4x4el yagi on a H frame plus some 5 el stack or stacks.
10m 4x4el yagi on a H frame plus some 5 el stack or stacks.

On SSB we even had 3 element triangle quad on 160 meters with 42 meter boom! Ttunder storm damaged it before CW part.

..nobody will top that amount of hardware on an expedition..

To my knowledge, Nokia did not support the PJ9A/PJ9W expedition.
Nokia was a small company back then in telecoms, larger player
elsewhere.

PJ9W / PJ9A was sponsored by Benefon, KLM and some other companies. Not by Nokia.

I have digitiliazed PJ9W/PJ9A video on DVD. if someone wants it I can send it to you for self cost price to you.

Happy New Year 2005!

Best Regards,
Harry