Re: [CQ-Contest] Wandering Foot Switch

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wandering Foot Switch
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:38:08 -0800
N6KI wrote:

Hans had a good idea about the Pedal Sta. My wife has one of those on her foot control.
Another good foot switch that I use is an old sewing machine pedal. Take the guts out of it and put in a small microswich. Some of the older sewing machine foot pedals are really heavy duty and make great foot switches. Most any sewing shop has a bunch in their junk boxes. 73

Tom W7WHY

I forgot to mention that the GEM-V2 footswitch from Linemaster is heavy enough and has soft rubber pad on bottom so it will not tend to move around - VERY IMPORTANT!

73, Dennis N6KI