[CQ-Contest] NCJ Inputs - Contesting on a Budget

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Inputs - Contesting on a Budget
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:07:09 EST

Time for another installment of  Contesting on a Budget!  Thanks in advance
for your inputs, look forwarding  to hearing from you.
Topic for the Mar-Apr NCJ:  Information Management.   Contesting is becoming
an exercise  in information management, including creating, transporting,
analyzing and  archiving information.  What  cost-effective means have you
developed for dealing with the plethora of  accumulated information that a
typical
contester maintains?   How do you deal with the DOS to  Windows divide?  What
convenient and  economical storage media do you use?  Look forward to your
Personal anecdote:  3.5  floppies are not a viable long-term storage media.
I tried transferring  some files that were about three years old, and my
laptop FDD would not read  them.  It took several tries with several different
computers to finally  read all the files.  I have them stored on a hard drive
now.

Paul  Schaffenberger
210-493-6265
210-213-5914(M)