[CQ-Contest] Fw: Just when you think

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Just when you think
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:02:17 -0000
The practice of operating for prolonged periods without ID is bad whether done
by DX-peditioners or contesters.  For my money a prolonged period is more than
three qsos, even when running at 200+/hr on CW.

What I can't understand is why rules in some contests only penalise the
receiver for a badly copied call and not the sender.  It seems to me that if an
appropriate exchange doesn't take place then neither should there be a valid
qso for either party.  If all contests supported a scheme in which both
stations had to correctly log calls and other exchange requirements for either
to be awarded points the emphasis on ID might be improved. (at least in
contests)

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F