Re: [CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Voice Automation Enhancements and the future
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:53:15 -0800
Eric said:

Not entirely, IMHO. Phone rates per hour are much higher than CW rates

For some people! I have a hearing loss from job related noise, and listening to a phone contest drives me nuts. I especially have problems with auroral flutter and accents. CW I can copy with no problems--stations with real heavy accents--I might as well turn stuff off and go watch football. It would be neat to have software that would decode stuff in your own language without accents. Then fone rates would really go up :-) How far out would that be??? 73
Tom W7WHY