Re: [CQ-Contest] Help Needed REF CW Log

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Help Needed REF CW Log
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:16:02 +0000
K4BAI asked:

Sorry for the bandwidth.  I need some help, presumably from somebody
with the REF Contest Committee, to get my log for last weekend's contest
to be accepted by the robot.  I got an error message that my power isn't
recognized, but it is shown exactly the same as on the web page.
CATEGORY:  SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH (except that the example is a low power
log).  I don't know how to change a high power log to something other
than "high" to get it to accept it.  The robot also says there is an
error in my QSO #1 line, but it is exactly the same as the 105 other QSO
number lines and I don't know what to do to get it accepted.  Any help
will be appreciated.

John, consider yourself lucky to have gotten anything back. I submitted a 100+ QSO log a few years back from a not insignificant number of hours of effort (where I see I accepted requests to bounce quite a bit) & didn't even hear a dicky bird back from them. Now I give the contest a miss (sorry, my French friends).

From http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/spec.html

CATEGORY: operator-category band-category power-category [mode-category]

The power-category must be HIGH, LOW or QRP.

You submitted valid Cabrillo.  Press the translate English button on
the REF web site & I get a screen full of French, so not sure where
you can find a definition of Frogillo.  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham
(note winking smiley - no offense intended, but what else to call it?)