Re: [CQ-Contest] Solid State Amp - An invitation

To: djl@andlev.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Solid State Amp - An invitation
From: "n6ki@juno.com" <n6ki@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 02:31:22 GMT
Dan,

   You are taking on quite a project as no one to date has been able to make a
1500W contest amp that will hold up to any abuse, swr etc.
  I suggest you get in touch with KF6DX Doug as I am sure as a commercial HF
designer he can have some good input for you...plus if you are successful
making something more reliable AND FIELD SERVICEABLE
you could make a living selling them commercially...The ability to
repair amps on expeditions or at least have them so reasonably priced that you
could carry a spare along is very important and would be a lucrative
market....so whatever did happen to the Fin Fet solid state amp?

73. Dennis N6KI