Re: [CQ-Contest] A little LoTW gotcha

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A little LoTW gotcha
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:27:46 -0500

On Feb 9, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Bill Turner wrote:

No big deal? Is that so? I suggest you talk to the several people who have emailed me following an attempt to replace an expired cert and are thoroughly disgusted with the process.

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. My experiences with the LoTW have been nothing but pleasant, and the people who support it have been nothing but helpful.

If I have any complaint, it is that a) not enough DX stations are using it (of course, it is much more difficult for DX stations to establish a certificate), b) the pace of development for awards modules is glacial. Most of the users are US operators, but the WAS award module (or any other domestic awards) has yet to appear, and is not even expected to appear this year.

That said, I think LoTW is a great program and encourage everyone to support it by uploading their logs.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net Quote: "Not within a thousand years will man ever fly!" -- Wilbur Wright, 1901