Re: [CQ-Contest] VE9DX on Writelog

To: KL2A - Jon <KL2A@yahoo.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VE9DX on Writelog
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:59:38 -0500
To quote the Sprint rules from the NCJ web site:

"Canadian multipliers are Maritime (VE1, VE9, VO1, VO2, VE2 through VE7, and Yukon-NWT (VY0, VY1 and VE8)."

This is the way the Sprint rules have described Canadian multipliers for at least 20 years. I think it's a sign of an experienced Sprinter who knows what Canadian mults are (I guess that applies to any contest).

I always get a chuckle when I receive one of the province abbreviations instead of MAR. I proceed to log it as MAR (thus making my logging software happy) and I don't believe I've ever lost the QSO.

Dave/K8CC