[CQ-Contest] Sprint rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sprint rules
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:14:50 -0500
K8CC's comment on the Canadian mult rule reminded me -- the District of Columbia was on in the CW Sprint. I always thought it counted as Maryland, but I could not find this discussed anywhere in the CQ-Contest archive, and look at the rules:

* Scoring: Multiply total valid contacts by the sum of U.S. states, Canadian Provinces and other North American Countries to get final score (do not count USA and Canada as countries). KH6 is not counted as a State and is not a North American country (but counts for QSO credit). The eight Canadian multipliers are Maritime (VE1, VE9, VO1, VO2 and VY2), VE2 through VE7, and Yukon-NWT (VYØ, VY1 and VE8). Non-North American countries do not count as multipliers, but do count for QSO credit for North American stations.
From this, I could make a case that District of Columbia stations can't participate AT ALL, but that would be silly. As long as the rules need to be clarified anyway, why not add DC as a mult? The same could reasonably be done in NAQP.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 12 January 2005