[CQ-Contest] More Sprints! ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] More Sprints! ?
From: K5NZ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:44:34 EST
I have had some discussions with a few folks that would really enjoy more
Sprints.  I know I would rather do a sprint than any 48 hours event.  So why
not
have 4 per year?  Well, handling the logs would be the biggest problem I can
see and understand it.  How about we add 2 extra sprints a year and use them as
practice more than competition?  I know that accuracy is the big thing with
Sprint but maybe we could let that slide for these practice sessions to get
more involved and to allow many of us to improve with more practice!

Make the reporting just go to a page on 3830, maybe Dink wouldn't mind adding
it for these.  It would be on the Honor System and would take no real work to
add these events?  They could even be called the "Honor Sprints" so not
confuse them with the contest of contests..  Of course if someone wanted to
handled
the log checking then just make them the real deal?  If we had 4 a year there
could even be combined score winners etc...but that gets us back to book
keeping...

I know, don't mess with a good thing... Well, problem is we always want more
of a good thing!  I personally, would rather work 16 hours of CW Sprint a year
than spend just one day of the ARRL DX contest in a chair!

Here we go....

nz