[CQ-Contest] RE: More Sprints! ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: More Sprints! ?
From: Eric Hilding <na178@k6vva.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:00:54 -0800
*** K5NZ commented:

> I have had some discussions with a few folks that would really enjoy more
> Sprints. I know I would rather do a sprint than any 48 hours event.
>
> I know, don't mess with a good thing... Well, problem is we always want more
> of a good thing! I personally, would rather work 16 hours of CW Sprint a year
> than spend just one day of the ARRL DX contest in a chair!

Ditto. Well, maybe with one Bonus/Mini-Grand-Daddy Sprint "Marathon" @ 6 or 8 hours in length might be interesting. A 2100 Z starting point would yield more HF time and multiplier possibilities for the LPCS (Little Pistol Contest Station) ops who don't have monster antennae for working left-to-right coast(s) on 80/40m.

*** Mike, W4EF suggested:

> How about a mixed mode Sprint.

You must love the 10m contest? My personal preference would be to keep it CW only. The thought of listening to SSB QRM crud vs. so many sharp 40+ wpm CW ops doesn't seem too appealing!

*** Bud, W2RU wrote:

> And just think how much better it would be to have ARRL Sections for the USA multipliers....

IMHO, this would make it more like SS. Judging from the comments I've read, folks have already complained about the absence of existing State/Province mults being QRV. I think expanding things to an ARRL Section list would compound the existing problem.

FWIW & 73...

Rick, K6VVA