Re: [CQ-Contest] Web cams QRV!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Tom Frenaye" <frenaye@pcnet.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Web cams QRV!
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:33:17 -0600
Well, nothing against the owners of the Webcams, but about the only thing
one can learn from these images, perhaps, are tips for station layout. And
in that vein, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly revolutionary
visible in the images.

And the idea that Webcams represent non-amateur means of solicitation must
come from people who've never viewed one of these Webcams. The resolution
and orientation of each camera is such that unless K1TTT puts his little "75
meter station" and "20 meter station" tags on the image, you can't even tell
which band the station is on, nevermind what frequency.

The only thing these cameras do is tell you that K1TTT or NK7U or KB1H is on
the air. That's information that should be readily apparent to anyone who
even remotely knows about the callsign holders!

73,kelly
ve4xt