[CQ-Contest] CW Paddles Needed

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Paddles Needed
From: "Bill Gaines" <gaines@wcoil.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:02:57 -0500
I think this is the right place to post this. If not, please excuse the
bandwidth.
This past weekend I was privileged to have 3 teenagers at my house contesting
for the first time. Granted it was SSB but for them it was a real hoot. ;>)
Anyway, two of these guys are 14 year old twins home schooled in a wonderful
home. Since their mom brought them to my place on Sunday I volunteered to take
them home after the contest.

During the day, one of the boys indicated he was very interested in CW but the
key he has is a piece of junk. I can verify that as I was invited in to see the
radio when we arrived. I looked in my junk box for an old homebrew paddle I
have only to find that it has parts missing. Imagine that after 25 years.

I am looking to this group for someone who might have an inexpensive CW paddle
or better yet a free one to get these guys started on CW. Their radio has a
built in keyer so an external keyer is not needed, just the paddles. If you
have such an item, let me know and I will give you a mailing address for them.
I will be delighted to reimburse you for postage costs. If you're unwilling to
let it go for free then let me know what you have and its cost.

Thanks in advance
Bill AD8P