[CQ-Contest] Fw: W7RM (SK)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: W7RM (SK)
From: "GARY ELLIOT" <K7OX@MSN.COM>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:49:26 -0800
From: GARY ELLIOT<mailto:K7OX@MSN.COM>
To: cq-contesting@contesting.com<mailto:cq-contesting@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:28
Subject: W7RM (SK)

In 1971 during the ARRL DX Test, I was doing a multi-single contest from my
home.  My call then was  KH6HCM, along with KH6GMP and KH6DD (SK) we were
running W's hot and heavy on 15 meters.  My wife came in the shack and said,
there is somebody at the front door that wanted to talk to the contest person.
I got up and turned the pileup over to KH6DD and went to the front door
expecting some neighbor to be complaining about TVI or something else.

Much to my surprise, it was Rush, W7RM.  He introduced himself and said he
would like to hear what his stationed sounded like from the DX end as his crew
was operating back home.  Of course I had heard of W7RM and worked him many
times from my many various DX calls and most recently from Kure Island.  I
invited Rush in and after a short while of listening around on the second
receiver he jumped right in with us and spent the rest of the weekend
operating.  This was the beginning of a long friendship and I visited with Rush
many times after that.  A truly fine gentleman and enjoyed a 30 plus year
friendship with him.  He was a great friend and I will miss him dearly.

73 Gary K7OX