[CQ-Contest] Rookie Class

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rookie Class
From: "Randy Johnson" <randyj@loan-wolf.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:17:53 -0800
The CQ WPX contest is currently the only one that has a Rookie Class, one for
those who have been licensed for less than 3 years. It seems to me that if we
are all "concerned" about how to attract newer/younger hams to have heightened
interest in what we do, what better way than to give them an opportunity to
participate with others of similar skill set.

Certainly the thrill of participating is good, but adding a an opportunity for
recognition would help. Being #3 in that class has a nicer cachet than being
#47 in your state.

So why don't we add this class for the major contests? We also need to
publicize this beyond telling the group that will be there anyway.  IN the WPX
there were only a dozen or so partcipants, but it would sure be reaffirming to
see 50!

Randy W6SJ