Re: [CQ-Contest] Women in contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Women in contesting
From: KA2GWM@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:54:53 EST
I can't speak for other YL contesters, but work on cleaning up the bands and
you'll get more YLs on. There are still disrespectul and insulting comments
from hams who don't like contesters and really seem to HATE YL contesters
(mostly on 80m but there's a scattering on 40 and 20 as well).  Last SSB
contest I
got some "good 'ole boys" who said some really disgusting things as I was
calling CQ. I finally moved off and went to another band but what I really
wanted
to do was power up the amp and turn the beam in their direction...
73,  Diane K2DO