Re: [CQ-Contest] 40 meter SSB Contest musings

To: "N4XM Paul D. Schrader" <n4xm@iglou.com>,"CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40 meter SSB Contest musings
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <NN3W@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:59:23 -0500
For now, its a universal problem on 40.  I spent a lot
of time on Saturday night during ARRL DX and you could
tell that the DX stations were having to cluster their
listening freqs away from the BCI.  I would find a lot
of stations listening on the same freq or within 0.50
Kc of each other.  There was a huge cluster of folks
listening from 7288 to 7292 which must be a clear
frequency range in Europe.

Others were listening around 7210 to 7213.

With 0.5 Kc spacing on receive, I think most folks
could tell whose Qs were whose.  But certainly there
was some overlap.

73 Rich NN3W