Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz SOUTION FOUND !

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz SOUTION FOUND !
From: "n6ki@juno.com" <n6ki@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 03:55:03 GMT
OK...enough is enough already!

I have an elegant and definitive solution to the
Maritime Mobile Net Interference issue!!!

I have reviewed all e-mail concerning this matter and addressed
everyone's concerns.

Since there is apparently a major MM Net interference problem occuring
during major contesting I recommend that the MM net adjourn during
contest periods.

Since contestors have the best stations and best radio operators in the world,
able to hear a pin drop 12,000 miles away, the contestors will
be readily available for any boater's emergency. All future contest rules will
have listed the USCG worldwide emergency contact numbers
and for those contest Ops that never read the rules, 911 should do fine.

Since it is clearly known when all major contests are held, boaters can be
notified well in advance that the contestors will be available
for Maritime emergencies communications. Find  aloud U.S. station, break in,
give the exchange, then declare your emergency.

Now the rest of the approximate 300 days of the year that there are no major
contests, Maritime Mobile net can easily function with little interference as
DXers and rag Chewers can easily find another frequency to QSY to and stay awau
from 14.300.

See how simple that was ;-) !

73, Dennis N6KI

P.S. - My apologies to N0AX for plagerizing his writing style....