Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Rules US/VE

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Rules US/VE
From: "Patrick Barkey" <pmbarkey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:17:21 -0500
My attitude towards the ability of VE to run outside
the US phone band in the ARRL SSB is the same as
my attitude about every aspect of contesting that appears
to give an advantage to somebody else.

Namely, it will make it that much sweeter when you
beat them.

I've never complained about the fact that W1 can CQ
into Europe for hours before the band opens here.
What's the point?  Just look for a way to overcome it,
however you can.  It's not always possible, obviously,
for many parts of the country.

So you'll forgive me if I don't get very excited about a
W1 complaining about an unfair advantage.  I would say
"put it on the list" of inequities in contesting, and go
build some antennas and try to overcome it.

  - Pat
    N9RV

    #3 US/VE ARRL SSB 2004 SOAB HP
    (beat by two VE's!!)