Re: [CQ-Contest] QRL?

To: w9wi@earthlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRL?
From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:07:13 -0600
Hi Doug and all,
  I would add, that as a qrp op, and I'd like to feel that I do a fair job
of getting along, with
qrl?? asked before cq, that I don't appreciate any station, that dumps a cq
on top, expecially when the other station is not in the contest, but in the
middle of the active area of the band for the contest, and is not using the
predominent mode, and... most important to me, and the officials, is a
obvious non monitoring before transmitting. Now, one that is using another
mode, may feel that because they are not envolved in the contest, and that
they may even dispise contests, that they may be anononimous because the
interfered with station is not using their mode. WRONG!!!
I for one, can, and do, and I am not alone, monitor and listen with a number
of modes even while I am very active on one predominent mode. Until the lack
of license enforcement forces our beloved hobby into the chaos of 11 meters,
one should follow the sage that said something to the effect of "There is
always a bigger amp on the other side of the antenna..."
  OK, nuff said, thanks for the bandwidth here,
C U in the next 'test,
Dale - WC7S qrp in WY