[CQ-Contest] Announcing NS, the NCCC- Thursday Sprints

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, NCCC <nccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing NS, the NCCC- Thursday Sprints
From: Haddon/N6ZFO <hounds1234@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 02:24:42 -0700
In two weeks, NCCC begins its popular summer Thursday night sprint CW series,
the NS, NCCC Sprint.  And this year there are actual prizes, courtesy of N6RO.

In brief, this event provides regular relief from the slowness of summer
contesting in the form of a CW Sprint-like event held each Thursday night for
half an hour.

Here are the details:

First contest, Thursday night June 16, 0230-0300Z(Friday UMT).

       -- 1930-2000 PDT
       -- 2030-2100 MDT
       -- 2130-2200 CDT
       -- 2230-2300 EDT

Frequencies: Around 14040, 7040, 3540, and 1810.

Rules: Same as the CW NCJ NA Sprints with the following exceptions:
     -- Power 100w or less
     -- You may work dupes after 1 intervening QSO
     -- The Sprint QSY rule is relaxed to 1 Khz in all cases
     -- 160 meter Q's are permitted.
(see http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintrules.php)

Guidelines: As before, please hold your cw speed to below 20wpm during the
first
10 minutes of the contest, and always slow to the speed of the responding
station at all times.  We're trying to make this event friendly for contesting
newbies.

Score reporting:
     -- Report your weekly score (Q's x Mults) via the 3830 web form at
www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Awards:
    -- Following the NCCC tradition, and thanks to donation by N6RO, we're
awarding a bottle of CA wine to the stations with top series scores, using your
highest scores in 8 of the 11 Thursday contests.  Categories are:
        -- East of Mississippi River
        -- West of Mississippi River (non-NCCC members)
        -- NCCC member in NV/CA

See you all on Thursday, June 16.

Comments/questions to n6zfo@arrl.net

73 Bill, N6ZFO