Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCC] 2005 Dayton Contest Dinner,Super Suite and Forum

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, ncc@contesting.com,mrrc@contesting.com, k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCC] 2005 Dayton Contest Dinner,Super Suite and Forum Wrap Up
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:55:09 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2005 11:39:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
k3lr@k3lr.com writes:

The  new venue for the Antenna forum and the Contest forum at the Crowne
Plaza  on Saturday afternoon was a major hit. K1DG and K3LR are not
certain which  location will be used next year (HARA or the hotel). The 5
hours of forum  talks this year were well attended.

Early on at the contest dinner I heard a comment to the effect of "be  sure
to get your contest forum questionaires returned..."

Since I spent Saturday at HARA, not at the forums, I did not get a
questionaire, which is no big deal.  But I trust the organizers will  recognize
the
self selection factors in judging the positive responses.   Those who did not
want to miss the HARA activities for the Contest/Antenna  forums weren't there
speak up.

I'd much prefer the forums to be held at HARA, if a suitably large space  can
be arranged.  I like the other Hamvention activities, and I like to be  able
to gracefully duck out of an uninteresting forum presentation.

73  -  Jim   K8MR