Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: New Contester needs advice

To: <k7qq@netzero.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Re: New Contester needs advice
From: "Patrick Hoppe" <phoppe@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:09:13 -0500
I really like my Gap Titan DX vertical.  It can be mounted at ground level
or elevated.  No radials are required.  It works great on 10 through 80.   I
just added a second Gap - the Voyager for 40, 80, and 160.  It really cooks
on 40!

I enter every contest, my scores aren't winning numbers BUT I have a ball
and I do ok.  Each contest my scores increase. I am confident that once my
operating techniques improves, I will place well in the mix.  A big station
helps, but I believe the operators skill is what makes the difference.

Pat