[CQ-Contest] Callsign Change

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Callsign Change
From: Bob Naumann <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:40:05 -0500 (CDT)
Despite all the great reasons that N5NJ is a good callsign, I decided to retire
it and go back to my roots.

The FCC granted me W5OV today.

Some of you will get a hearty chuckle out of it, and you are the reasons that I
am posting this notice here.

Why change?  Several reasons:

One:  My @arrl.net email is spammed to the tune of hundreds of various remedies
for male issues, and other offers of prurient nature.  I hope to stem that
flow.  I attribute that problem to my stint as the eHam.net and
contesting.com's news and articles editor which posted that email address for
all to add to the numerous spam email lists.

Two: Too frequently, I am called N5TJ by others on both phone and CW.  Not that
being called N5TJ is a bad thing, but I recognize that it is a hassle, since I
am not nearly as famous, or as talented as my neighbor here in NTX.

Three:  It's going to be fun.

Oven & Out

73,

Bob W5OV