Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>,"Vladimir V. Sidorov" <eu1sa@belsonet.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:07:10 -0000
>From the LoTW FAQ section:

"I am a QSL Manager. Do I need to have separate certificates for each call I
manage? Are there other requirements for me and my client(s)?

Yes. QSL managers and their clients will have to show the LoTW administrator
proof that the authority to participate in LoTW has been granted. A client
station owner/operator who resides permanently outside the United States,
should submit a note of permission, a license copy, and a copy of one other
official document, via postal mail to the LoTW Administrator, 225 Main St.,
Newington, CT 06111, USA. This note should specifically authorize the QSL
manager to participate in LoTW. This situation will be relevant when the
client station does not choose to participate in LoTW himself, i.e., he does
not want to obtain a certificate and send the logs to LoTW directly.

QSL managers for temporary stations, or DXpedition stations, will have to
submit the normal license and other necessary documentation via the postal
mail to the LoTW Administrator after they apply for a certificate for the
managed call. The QSL Manager should have previously obtained a certificate
for his primary call".

So, if I've read this correctly, SOMEONE (like G3SWH, apparently Igor's
manager), must have submitted the documents that Igor didn't want to submit
himself.

Stu        KC1F