Re: [CQ-Contest] Everyone uses CT

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Everyone uses CT
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:44:43 -0400
Hi Tree:

Well, I for one still use TR as a single op.  TR is the
reason I've learned so much about dual booting computers.
I can run DOS on anything and any desktop will still take
a ByteRunner card if it doesn't have a parallel port.

I made a few stabs at storing the log to a USB stick, but
it's so much easier to just put a FAT32 partition on the
hard drive and run DOS from there.  I've run from a bootable
CD just fine too.  DOS is still viable!

How about a Linux version instead of Windows?  :-)

Actually, I've been eagerly awaiting the new rig control
release so I can request a few enhancements!

73 and thanks.  I used TR in WAE CW (Single-Band 20) and
will be using it in WAE CW!  I think it is head and
shoulders above the competition for a single-op.  Not
being a station owner, I don't usually choose what gets
used for the multi-ops I participate in.

73,

Mark, KD4D