Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [The Daily DX] DX SUMMIT AND THEFINNISH TREASUREHU

To: Randy Thompson <k5zd@charter.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: [The Daily DX] DX SUMMIT AND THEFINNISH TREASUREHUNT
From: Steve London <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:47:07 -0400
I beg to differ ....

- The IARU contest now has high, low and QRP categories. This could certainly
give the OH*W entrants an advantage over the other European low power
competitors.

- The sun has been quite busy the past week. The solar flux is currently 123,
and forecast to stay above 120 for the contest.  Not what I would call "bottom
of the solar cycle" numbers.  It could be a very good weekend to be in Finland.
   Randy, you should recall how good propagation can be from Finland.

73,
Steve, N2IC