Re: [CQ-Contest] Price reference

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Price reference
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:55:47 -0500 (CDT)
You never know what to expect on eBay.  Sometimes a real deal comes along.
It depends on what the bidders are willing to pay, as well as what the
sellers want to get for an item.

I have seen in the past that same rig (FT101EE) go for $150 on eBay.

I picked up an HTX-100 for $50 on eBay.  I turned it into an 144 MHz
microwave transverter IF by mounting a 144 MHz transverter in the rig and
extensively modifying it, but the rig was in fine shape when I got it.

I wouldn't discount eBay but I'd be patient.  The right deal may come
along eventually, just not this week.

73, Zack W9SZ