[CQ-Contest] N3BB & N6RO 2-Way SO2R Video

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] N3BB & N6RO 2-Way SO2R Video
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:56:04 -0700
Jim, N3BB had written:

 > At 2126Z one of those SO2R moments happened, as I was answered on 20 by
 > N6RO exactly at the same time I was listening to him and getting ready to
 > call him on 15 on the 2nd radio.  He called me and the very next QSO I
 > called him on 15.  It was perfect.  It was like being in the room with Ken.

Little did Jim know at the time both QSOs were being taped (Video & Audio)
as a part of the NCCC SO2R Clinic v1.0 :-)

I was the "Videographer", et.al. for the event, but won't be able to
do  the full post-production and editing for the event CD/DVD until late
August.

In the interim, I stuck up a 1 minute clip for my fellow NCCCers at:

        http://www.k6vva.com/nccc/so2rclinicv1

It's a LARGE straight .mpg file and NOT streaming video.  You need to
download the entire file before playing it.  Also, make sure your sound
controls are centered (for proper L-R Stereo), and WEAR HEADPHONES to
really get the fullness of Ken's SO2R. The 1st N3BB CW should play in your
LEFT ear, so reverse the headphones if you have them on backwards!

Replaying this clip over and over can be a great SO2R educational tool for
SO2R Wannabees & n00bies (like myself).  I still need to make a typo change
and tweak it up a bit.  The final event CD/DVD with N6RO, K7NV & N6BV doing
CW & SSB SO2R from Ken's station is gonna be Kick-Butt SO2R Instruction !!!

Enjoy & 73...

Rick, K6VVA
NCCC SO2R Clinic v1.0 "Video Producer" (self-appointed :-)