Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters on CW (was: FCC on CW)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesters on CW (was: FCC on CW)
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:17:03 -0700
Scott, W3TX, wrote:

 > I've even been thinking about writing a book about "Amateur Radio Family
Fun!"

What a GREAT idea, Scott  Go-For-It, OM !!!

 > The art and science of amateur radio will continue to evolve.

I find it most interesting that the "art" of CONTESTING *could* actually be
carried on without radios, just as other aspects of amateur radio *can*
presently be carried on without contesting.  It would work better, of
course, if all participants were on ultra-high speed bandwidth connections :-)

 > I believe that we as a hobby are set in our old ways...

That may be an understatement.  It is doubtful many in the world would
prefer to return to the days of horse & buggy transportation vs.
automobiles, but I' ve recently observed a mindset about futuristic
enhancements to contest logging software that would suggest some ops are
possibly considering going backwards in time.

73...

Rick, K6VVA