Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-857D for contesting???

To: "'Jacob Tennant'" <k8jwt@adelphia.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-857D for contesting???
From: "George Harlem W1EBI" <w1ebi@lightband.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:44:02 -0400
Congratulations on earning your General, Jacob!  If you have done some
VHF contesting in the past and want to try out your new band privileges
in some HF contests, of course you can use the FT-857.  Is it the ideal
radio for HF contesting?  Probably not, but if you have one or have
access to one, the important thing is to get your feet wet in some
contests and HAVE FUN!  If you're able to upgrade your station down the
road, there are many other radios that would be great for HF contesting,
but first work to upgrade your on-the-air skills and knowledge of the HF
bands.  So when do we hear K8JWT in a contest?

73, George W1EBI