Re: [CQ-Contest] Slashed-Zero - Please Don't

To: Ward Silver <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Slashed-Zero - Please Don't
From: Simon Pearson <lists+1@attenuate.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:14:50 +0100
Ward N0AX wrote:
> Please do NOT use a slashed-zero character in your log!  This character may
> or may not be translated to ASCII '0' by the log-checking software.

Er, no Ward, I don't think you quite understand.

This is purely a font. In other words a typeface. All it's doing is
showing an ASCII '0' (zero) with a slashed zero, so it's easily
distinguisable between and 'O' (oh) and a '0' (zero).

It is *not* inserting the ASCII character for a slashed zero (alt +
0126 on Windoze).

For clarification, install the font, and view the Cabrillo log in
Notepad using firstly Courier New and then the ProFont typeface.

--
Simon Pearson M0CLW
WWYC #452 | G6PZ CG