Re: [CQ-Contest] Exchange Goofs

To: "Bob Wanderer" <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>,"CQ Contest" <CQ-CONTEST@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Exchange Goofs
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:01:27 -0400
At 09:56 PM 8/5/2005, Bob Wanderer wrote:
><snip>
> > K5ZD says "59 Massachusetts"...  and I type "59 MS"...
>should Randy be
> > docked because he didn't ensure I logged his state
>properly?
><snip>

Bob,

This doesn't happen.  The sender's exchange is the master, which the
receiver's log has to match.

Of course, the sender's log has to accurately record what was sent over the
air.  Every year in the 10M contest we get logs where the log shows one
location, and EVERY OTHER LOG IN THE CONTEST shows a different received
location for that station.  This generally happens where somebody guest ops
at a station in another state.

Speaking for the 10M contest, we take steps to catch these and get it
corrected rather than let everybody who claims a QSO with this station lose it.

Dave/K8CC