Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW results
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 22:56:18 -0400
Please give me a break !!!  To suggest we not operate a contest because we
don't like the rules and just live with them the way they are is absurd. To
suggest this is more childish then the ongoing discussion and it serves no
useful purpose. It would be a better choice to hit your DELETE key and moved
on...

Maybe someone can fill me in on cq-contest etiquette. Please tell me the
difference between complaining and suggesting change ??  If it were not for
this forum and disussions that took place in the past we wouldn't have SOA or
M2X categories or rules that allow SO2R, which all make the contest more
enjoyable for some participants. I see the reflector as sounding board that
contest sponsors can use to adjust their rules if there is a demand.

The bottom line is for such a world class event, CQWW 's awards management
sucks and it has for a long time. Personally, I could care less about a
certificate.
But for those who like to collect them it's their right to care an voice their
concerns. If I spend the $$$ to go somewhere to be competitive I am doing it
for the recognition among my contesting peers. Recieving a plaque in a timely
manner would be a nice momento to remember my accomplishment.

If there was a good alternative (DX-DX contest) I would operate that contest
seriously instead. Personally, I don't care for the extra points that stations
that go to locations such as PJ2, P40 and D4 get in CQWW.  Wouldn't it be nice
if those 10 guys that go to P40 would spread out among the other Carribean
islands?

For now the ARRL DX CW is my best choice and I will be spending my $$$ making
trips for that contest.

Jeff KU8E/PJ4R