Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest Duration
From: "Bob Naumann - W5OV" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:02:16 -0500
While I don't have any objection to the addition of these categories to
the contest, I just wanted to point out that there is no restriction on
single band entries from making QSOs on other bands - as long as that
actitivity is not used to increase the single band score.

For example, you should not be setting up skeds with, or moving
stations you work on another band to work you on the band of your
single band entry.

73,
Bob W5OV

> On Jul 25, 2005, at 1:04 PM, <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
> <ku8e@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >   Remember years ago when the ARRL DX had the low band (160/80/40)
> > and high band (20/15/10)
> > categories ????  It would be neat to see those categories make a
> > comeback. Doing a single band
> > effort can be fun but there are many times it can become boring as
> > well.  I think many times (myself included) we chose to do a
single
> > band effort  because we don't have the time or stamina to do a
> > whole 48 hours. That takes QSO's away from those that we don't
work
> > on the other bands. I think it would be a win-win situation....
>
> And I believe, when this was suggested several months ago, I
> suggested it should just be High/Low band, but perhaps, any three
bands.

> Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net
>              -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Bob Naumann - W5OV