Re: [CQ-Contest] W5WMU, WQ5L

To: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W5WMU, WQ5L
From: Ray Rocker <rocker@mail.datasync.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:29:47 -0500 (CDT)
> Has anyone heard how Pat or Ray, or any other cq-contest devotees, have
> made out with Katrina?

I'm fine and am very fortunate compared to many in this area. I live
north of I-10, well away from the immediate coast. Somehow, all of
the falling trees managed to miss my home -- just some minor roof
damage is all.

The gasoline shortage has finally eased enough for me to travel to an
area with working power/Internet. Even though power is still out in
my neighborhood and phones just started working with some measure of
reliability a day or two ago, things are rapidly improving in much of
southeast MS due to the tremendous outpouring of support from other areas.

CU in Sprint if the power is back on and I am able to salvage any antennas.

-- Ray, WQ5L, Gulfport MS