Re: [CQ-Contest] Are the bands dead?

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>,"CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Are the bands dead?
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 08:15:19 -0500
Funny how a couple hours changes things.

I was setting up the station at about 22:00z for the Sprint and thought "Not
going to be much of a contest." Could not hear WWV anywhere: not 2.5, 5, 10
or 15. Yikes.

Then fired up the radio at contest time and the bands were alive again.

Conditions weren't great, only about two layers of signals, but it was
enough that it was fun.

Haven't turned the radio on today yet.

73, kelly
ve4xt